2.27.2011

Flower Power



We went to whistler over New Years Eve and I kept seeing these really cute over sized headband/ear warmers. I have always disliked wearing hats because I have really long and thick hair (believe me, I'm not complaining). It is just is hard to find hats to fit and look good and then I always have to have my hair down (which I hardly ever do). The supper cute and easy solution... the over sized flower headband. I used a beautiful deep purple in Ultra Alpaca, which I love making hats with and am also currently knitting a sweeter for T in. I found the headband pattern on Ravlery; Knit Ear Warmer with Crochet Flower by Ashlee Prisbrey. I changed the flower and knit individual petals and sewed them together, then added some various tones of green beads to fancy it up a little. While I love the way it turn out it is a little to out there for me. The first time I wore it I received many compliments and had to pass on the pattern on to others, so maybe I just need to learn to branch out in my fashion (understatement or what!). Happy Knitting!

My mom had this great button that just happen to match perfectly!

No comments:

Inspirational Growing Quotes

"Gardening requires lots of water-most of it in the form of perspiration."
~ Lou Erickson, www.quotegarden.com